Georgia: The most interesting spring team

News rund um ForumAG.de
forumintern.de Was ist so los in der Forenwelt?
Antworten
Bellinger12

Georgia: The most interesting spring team

Beitrag von Bellinger12 » Do 19. Mär 2020, 09:40

I can't say I pay close attention to spring football. I've fallen for the "he was the breakout star of the spring!" thing too many times, so I take a more broad approach, just monitoring injuries and following select position battles.

There are exceptions, however, and I have found myself following Georgia far more closely, and asking more questions about the Bulldogs, than virtually any other football team this spring.

Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
The upside is obvious: Georgia enters 2020 with the deepest, most proven defense in the country, and head coach Kirby Smart has now out-recruited former mentor Nick Saban's Alabama twice in three years. There are blue-chippers everywhere you look, and UGA is projected fourth in SP+.

With just a slightly different approach to efficiency and returning talent, however, ESPN's FPI ranks the Dawgs just 10th, only one spot ahead of division rival Florida. And it's not hard to see why a drop-off could be in the works: a disappointing offense has to replace nearly every known entity: quarterback Jake Fromm, running backs D'Andre Swift and Brian Herrien, receiver Lawrence Cager, All-American lineman Andrew Thomas, etc., not to mention offensive line coach Sam Pittman, who's now Arkansas' head coach.

The unknowns replacing these guys, however, are both intriguing and pretty, well, known. And I have no idea how they'll fit together. Granted, we won't learn as much as we want to this spring, but consider me fascinated all the same.

Billy Owens Jersey
Bourama Sidibe Jersey

Antworten